WM Technology, Inc. (“WM Technology” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: MAPS), a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, today announced its financial results for the third quarter that ended September 30, 2022, and a leadership transition to position the Company for its next phase of growth.
third Quarter 2022 Financial Highlights
- Revenue was $50.5 million as compared to $50.9 million in the third quarter of 2021.
- The average monthly paying clients(1) was 5,576, as compared to 4,444 from the prior year period.
- The average monthly revenue per paying client(2) was $3,019, as compared to $3,817 from the prior year period.
- Net loss was $10.5 million as compared to net income of $49.2 million from the prior year period.
- Adjusted EBITDA(3) was $(9.6) million as compared to $10.4 million from the prior year period. Prior to the
- provision for doubtful accounts (non-cash), Adjusted EBITDA(3) was $0.5 million
- The basic and diluted net loss per share was $0.06 based on 89.6 million of Class A Common Stock weighted average shares outstanding.
- Total shares outstanding across Class A and Class V Common Stock were 146.4 million as of September 30, 2022.
- Cash totaled $34.2 million as of September 30, 2022, with no long-term debt.
Reconciliations of GAAP to non-GAAP financial measures have been provided in the tables included in this release.
The Company announced that Doug Francis, co-founder and Executive Chair, will be taking a more active role in leading the Company. Mr. Francis succeeds Chris Beals, who has decided to step down from his role as Chief Executive Officer and from the Board of Directors. Mr. Francis is the co-founder of WM Technology and the Executive Chair of the Board of Directors. He was previously CEO of the Company prior to Mr. Beals and has worked closely with the Company’s management team over the last quarter since being appointed as Executive Chair.
“WM Technology has evolved significantly since Justin and I co-founded the Company 14 years ago as a marketplace connecting Cannabis consumers and businesses. Today, we have one of the most comprehensive technology platforms powering the industry with a data advantage that we believe is unparalleled,” said Mr. Francis. “While end-market conditions have been challenging, we can be executing at a higher level by getting more focused and streamlined. We have significant opportunities to expand our moats and build the future rails for the Cannabis industry while working to get back to our operating culture of driving profitable growth and cash flow. I look forward to working closely with our management team.”
“As the Company’s co-founder and former CEO as well as a pioneer in the Cannabis industry, Doug has the expertise and acumen to lead WM Technology as we conduct a search for the Company’s next CEO,” said Brenda Freeman, Lead Independent Director of the Board. “On behalf of the Board, we wanted to thank Chris for his service to date. The Board, Doug, and WM Technology’s management team are committed to ensuring a successful transition, and we are fortunate to have a leader of Doug’s caliber to help ensure WM Technology continues executing its strategy and creating value for our shareholders.”
Fourth Quarter 2022 Business Outlook
Based on current business trends and conditions, we expect our revenue for the second half will be closer to the wide end of our guidance, which implies a year-over-year decline in the low double-digit percentage area for fourth-quarter revenue. We expect fourth quarter Adjusted EBITDA will be further impacted by a provision for doubtful accounts, which we expect will remain elevated in the fourth quarter based on the aging of our receivables though significantly lower than the third quarter.
The guidance provided above is only an estimate of what we believe is realizable as of the date of this release. This guidance assumes that no business acquisitions, investments, restructurings, or legal settlements are concluded in the quarter. Our results are based on assumptions that we believe to be reasonable as of this date, but may be materially affected by many factors, as discussed below in “Forward-Looking Statements.” Actual results may vary from the guidance and the variations may be material. We undertake no intent or obligation to publicly update or revise any of these projections, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.News Source: Businesswire